Sunday, June 28, 2009

Yikes! It's been a month . . .

I almost let the entire month of June go by without a blog post. So here is an update on me.

I am done with my travels until the first weekend in October when the Lake-of-Ale gals will be getting together for a weekend in Santa Cruz. Mom and I had a nice visit with family earlier this month when we fly to the Twin Cities for a memorial service for her eldest sister.

I've settled on a new church, Skyview PCA. Finally met the pastor's wife on the third visit (today) and almost the first thing she said to me is, "We have to have you over for dinner soon!"

And, after Friday evening's little mishap, I am feeling better today so I attacked the vegetables in the kitchen and tried two new recipes and a couple of stand-bys:

Green Lentil Salad with Shallots and Red Bell Peppers

Roasted Brussels sprouts tossed in mustard vinaigrette
(I know they're not exactly a seasonal favorite but they weren't going to be any good if I let them sit until next winter)

Greek Antipasto Salad (spinach instead of lettuces and mostly veggies)

Fresh-squeezed Lemonade

Snow Geisha iced tea

OK, so I've developed a Teavanna habit, even broke down and bought their horribly expensive "German Rock Sugar" that looks like rock candy made with brown sugar, but their teas are so very, very good!

5 comments:

John said...

Welcome to Skyview.

John Ohlmann

Michael said...

Welcome to the PCA!

Anonymous said...

It's about time you got back to blogging. Been too quiet over here. ;^)

And save me some of that Snow Geisha iced tea -- sounds great.

Unknown said...

Yikes! It's been another month!

How are you doing, sweetie!

Michael said...

> I almost let the entire month of
> June go by without a blog post.

What about July?