Monday, July 2, 2012

It has come to my attention

Greg Boyd has a new website.  In an introductory post he proclaims his gladness at the death of Christendom.  I'm sure he'd be equally glad to not be living in an Islamicized Europe in the next generation.  But I digress ...

On his new website, Re|Knew, he has posted some (all?) of his old blog posts.  These include his essay, The Case for Women in Ministry.  It is an essay I responded to with a post of my own, The Case Against Boyd .  I know, I know, it's a pretty pretentious title and the post could do with some editing. But honestly, this guy is supposed to be a sometime college perfesser and this is the best he can come up with?  A post full of fallacies and historical revisionism?

Silly me.  One browse around the new website and I know nothing has changed in that respect.

It does, however, leave me wondering if those who fall for the fallacies and heresies of religious feminism, when the feminists present such a weak case in their own defense -- were they just looking for an excuse, any excuse, to buy what the serpent was selling?


1 comment:

Steve Martin said...

You're a great writer. I know how you like great writing.

This is similar. It's spoken, but it's still great (methinks):

http://theoldadam.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/i-believe-that-i-cannot-believe.mp3

The best sermon I have ever hear...bar none.

I hope you enjoy it, too.