Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Proof that women are smarter than men

I belong to an email group that has grown out of a blog hosted on Typepad. Typepad recently changed the commenting format so that comments are broken up into pages after responses have reached a certain length. You have to click on "next" to access the next page of responses.

Now this august group is mainly men. And I deeply admire those men for the depth and breadth of their knowledge and for their collective wisdom. I often find myself wondering how I could have been included in such a group as I usually feel totally out of my league.

However, it seems that the only two women included in the group (me and one other women) are also the only two who have noticed this format change in Typepad.

Just what did those bigheaded men think that little blue "NEXT" icon/button/link meant?

Ahhh, something to brighten my day after last night's national fiasco.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kamilla, my husband told me something the other day that has since been confirmed by other males I have asked, which is that a man cannot see something unless he expects it to be there.

Which, often, is quite a useful limitation. If I want to hide something, I simply move it slightly.

Anonymous said...

a man cannot see something unless he expects it to be there

Ha -- funny, Diane! Depends upon what it is, I guess. "Oh, that huge new vase of flowers? Yeah, they're pretty."

If I want to hide something, I simply move it slightly.

So, if you re-arrange all the living room furniture, the room will look empty to him, I guess? ;o)

Which, often, is quite a useful limitation.

But be careful, here -- if you move something of his slightly, he may not see where it went, but he will know it's been moved.

[Interesting - the word verification for this post is "bible"]

Anonymous said...

Kamilla, when you're funny, you are FUNNY! Thanks for making me grin :)