Thursday, December 25, 2008

I already knew that (and so should you)

In an effort to fill air time on what appears to have been a slow news day, one of the local news stations ran a story on how good it is to give. Their "doctor" told us how good it is for our health, that it releases oxytocin (one of the "feel good" hormones, the same one that helps create an emotional bond in a woman when she is kissed by a man), etc., etc.



I was sitting there in the break room at work (about the only time I watch local news), and was thinking to myself, "Hmmmm, this sounds familiar. I think I've heard that before . . ."




35 In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.' (Acts 20:35,
ESV)


Yes, I thought so.

1 comment:

Beth Impson said...

No kidding! By the way, I hope you had a blessed Christmas!