Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Chesterton was right (again)


Chesterton said that, "When you break the big laws, you do not get freedom; you do not even get anarchy. You get the small laws."

We've broken, attempted to repeal or forgotten some big laws - at least our governments have. I don't know how this is related to breaking big laws, but it most surely is a petty and small law.


A commenter has mentioned the article on Chesterton in the current issue of the New Yorker. For those who have read the article, I recommend a counterbalancing dose consisting in Dale Ahlquists's response, which you can read here:



Anonymous said...

There is an analysis of Chesterton's life and work in the most recent issue of The New Yorker.

Maggie Fox

Kamilla said...

Hi Maggie,

I'm not able to read the article online, but I may check the next time I'm at the library.

Dale Ahlquist has written a response, which I hope will be printed in the next edition.


Anonymous said...

Thanks! I am really not familiar with Chesterton at all.