Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Mythology of Feminism - International Women's Day

Trotting out all the tired old feminist canards, two of my favorite actors make me not want to see their next movie, in the Youtube video, Equals , Judi Dench as "M" and Daniel Craig as Bond serve up cold myths and an image I want out of my head.

Coming from the country that silenced Erin Pizzey when she tried to tell the truth - that men can be victims of domestic violence as well - it's more than simply ironic. It's sad and disheartening.

2 comments:

vielleur said...

> an image I want out of my head.

Thanks for the warning -- I'll skip the video and take your word for it!

What gets me is men backing the "kitchen insurrection." They like supporting their local McDonalds?

FeatherBlade said...

I doubt that it's love for McD's, as much as they figure that some of these feminist types are hot, and might be willing to put out for a man who supports their cause.