Wednesday, April 1, 2009

God's April Fool joke

You see, this is what I get for giving up television for Lent. I went out of the house early this afternoon wondering if the sweater I was wearing might be a bit too warm.

Four hours later, I found myself brushing and scraping a rapidly accumulating and freezing snow off my car. . .wearing my favorite pair of Chaco sandals (at least *they* made for getting wet!).

Fast-moving storm sweeps in


A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY is in effect for the metro area until 9 p.m. Snow and thundersnow will continue to develop through the evening

I don't know what "thundersnow" is, but I did see several flashes of lightening while having an early dinner. I was wondering to myself whether I should get the food packed up and get myself home or take it easy and wait it out.

I opted for the via media, which turned out not too badly. My toes are warm and dry again.

No comments: